Enter our wildlife sanctuary (240Ha) on horseback and see zebra, springbok, eland, gemsbok, kudu, giraffe, wildebees, bontebok and a wide variety of bird life. You don’t need experience, and you can bring your older brother and younger sister because this activity is super fun for the whole family! We take groups of up to 7 and our experienced guides are dying to help you get trotting!
We offer two guided horse trail options:
- 1.5 hour ride through the wildlife sanctuary @ R450 per person
- 2.5 to 3 hour ride which includes the wildlife sanctuary ride followed by a ride through the vineyards and wine tasting @ R650 per person
As we need to respect the wildlife in the sanctuary, only walking pace is allowed in the reserve. For more experienced riders, we do have some sections for trotting or cantering once we leave the reserve, and also on the wine tasting trail.
Our gentle horses are ideal for all levels of experience and we often have riders who have never even sat on a horse who thoroughly enjoy our trail experience.
We’d love to accommodate your special requests, so please chat to us about what you have in mind. In the past we have tailored experiences for:
- Birthday parties
- Home-school group lessons
- Special needs group outings
- Engagement proposal rides
In addition to our two standard rides, you can choose to add the following at an extra cost:
- Cheese boards (wine tasting ride only)
- Bubbly & nougat pairing (wine tasting ride only)